With the experience gathered so far, it has been found that community outreach and mobilization are often the most important and challenging activities in the entire programme for identification & selection of beneficiaries or trainees.
We follow the Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) of adopting block saturation method of mobilization for need assessment and the subsequent interventions required. This ensures maximum coverage of an area with minimum resource engagement It involves the community as its prime focus of partnership to ensure maximum success.
Community capacity building encourages strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of programs by:
- Identifying stakeholders and target groups to improve stakeholder participation, to develop local leadership to drive the program
- Facilitating community in identifying their needs specific to the target audience defined and providing plausible solutions to increase problem assessment capacities
- Educating the community about the initiative and ensuring every participant understands what is being talked about, to enhances stakeholder ability to "ask why", to increase stakeholder ownership for the program
- Reviewing the failures to take corrective actions
Outcomes/Advantages of Community Engagement Method of Mobilization Candidates
- We are able to identify right candidate for right jobs through baseline analysis during mobilization, this helps in enhancing retention rates.
- Social & economic changes in the trainee’s life are quite tangible.
- Economic growth of country is enhanced & poverty reduced as more skilled manpower is gainfully employed.
Family of Candidates
- Community engagement has strengthened the links of family with the organization & government which enhances the retention rate as the entire ecosystem has a belief of owning the programme .Relatives and friends of the senior candidates also help through word of mouth feedback
- Credibility is enhanced as more Pro Active people (Block Pramukh, Jila Panchayat members, etc.) offer their support for skilling
Process of MobilizationReview of Area:
- Identification of Potential Area
- Target Audience
- Nature of job affinity of the youth in the area
- Willingness for Migration by candidates if necessitated due to job placement
- Identification of Pro Active people/group(Block Pramukh, Jila Panchayat members, NGOs etc.) who are enthusiastic towards skills training of Youth
- Mass media Campaign – Television scrolls, Radio jingles,
- Local Campaigns – Road-shows, Planned video van campaigns, Panchayat meets, Local advertisements through Haats & Markets, Rozgar Rath Yatra/Shivir/ Mela, Nukkad Nataks
- Print Campaigns – Posters, Banners, Fliers distributed through video vans / local partners / outreach executive / village volunteers
- Direct Campaigns – Door to door mobilization by team, peers,
- Rozgar Mitra /Counsellor cum Motivator
- Skills Toll Free Help line ( 1800-22-4044)
- Meeting with the Block Development Officer/Sarpanch/primary school headmaster/ local Panchayats members/local Govt. Bodies/religious opinion leaders of the area/ NGOs, SHGs./ Anganwadi teachers / Asha workers / women and child welfare departments and making them understand about the programme to facilitate community meeting,